Saturday, December 22, 2012

straight as an arrow


I have a history. Two weeks ago we were in San Gabriel at the Mission San Gabriel which is very prominent in my past.
When I lived on North Third Street in Alhambra, California My father taught me to straight edge our lawn with a Single Edge Razor Blade shown at left in 1949-50. Laurel thinks that it is cruel and unusual to make me work that hard. Anyway while at the San Gabriel Mission two weeks ago I noticed that the lawn edges were cut the same way (looked the same) as when I did it in Alhambra in 1949-50. Seeing that I can assume that my grandfather Pablo Diaz taught his boys to trim the grass (lawn) in that way and I can also assume that that is how they did it at the Huntington Library where Grandpa Pablo Diaz worked (Alpha male). I do not know how they cut it before the advantage of the single edge razor blade or how they do it today but as I saw it (the lawn) two weeks ago the results were the same as when I did it at home in Alhambra on North Third Street.

No comments:

Post a Comment