Sunday, December 23, 2012

My Mother Disappeared When I was Three

Good Morning,
I have an ability to piss people off with my attitude and I think my dad was the same way but our difference is that he owed everyone in the state money. I came to find out that the barber we visited every Saturday was a bookie and I know that he (dad) came to our home in Kentucky with one paper bag/sack and asked us not to  tell anyone where he was. After he left our home and moved to Berea we got a call from someone saying he was my godfather at my baptism and he wanted to know where my dad was. I told him that the last I heard from my dad he was in California somewhere after his divorce from my step mom Gladys.
When I was young and living in Alhambra, on occasion we visited his brother Ralph who operated a Barber Shop in San Gabriel on Mission Drive. I can now assume that was to borrow money from Ralph. I tried on occasion to be friends with Ralph's daughter but it seems that I am now the Black Sheep of the family.
Yes I do have a callus attitude and it has never helped me.
My daughter Allison has a heart of gold and my wife Laurel Rose has a love of animals and a sense of humor that is contagious. My son has a smile and a quiet attitude but he does have a sarcastic voice (like mine) from time to time. My heart has been hardened by my life. I cried every night wondering who I was when I lived on Date and Third Streets in Alhambra in the 1950's and I got no answers until I dropped out in 1967.
The Sisters of Mercy help me see who I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment