Monday, October 1, 2012

I was raised by my grandmother in Pasadena California until 1950-51 when my father married Margie. Apparently he could not have custody of us (My sister and I) until he remarried. My grandmother did not say anything to me but the household in Pasadena seemed a little irritated at the idea of me going to my fathers home in Alhambra.
My grandmother was loving, very kind and understanding but the rest of the household were a little sad and irritated at me leaving with my father.
I have no clue as to what my father did between the time he left me at some home in San Gabriel (1943) and the time he picked me up (1950-51). He had a lot of stories but I never could figure out any truths in anything he did during that time (CCC Camp, meeting my mom at her friends home S Fair Oaks Ave and Bellefontaine St, dancing in some movies (extra), working with grandpa at the library.
My dad was respected for helping my cousins and raising my step brothers and step sister.
I seem to be the only one that harbors any ill feelings toward him.

Did my father have the ego to hurt my mother, walk away with a small penalty and then have the nerve to take me from my grandparents home.
I have that kind of ego at 71. So sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment