Monday, June 25, 2012

Liberal vs Conservative and McDomains

Monday morning and I feel fine; mom is getting ready for work and is just about ready to walk out the door; she works till noon today.
I will start working on my power washer this morning and try to get it going.
It looks cool outside but I think it we will be hot.
***
I was watching a conservative program on women that were college age and they seemed confused. They had  a women's freedom but their conservative leaders at the conference wanted them to go back to being,  "a mans toy" of the 1950's. What a mix-up? What confusion? You can not give them freedom from birth then take it away.
Maybe in twenty years when children know no freedom they can be a man's toy and follow him blindly but not today.
***
I also saw a young man who had attended one of the military academy's say that the liberals hated conservatives. I am liberal and I do not condone the destruction of the planet but I am balanced as the way I live in this society. I am willing to talk at any time with a conservative mind set as to the ways to live on the planet. But you can not let people or corporations ruin the planet for profit as they did in the 1950's. We changed for the better and it was costly as the tools to clean the air and water cost money. Now you want to go back (as in moving the jobs to China) to where there is no law against pollution.
***
This morning I will weed eat with out string trimmer.
***



Love and Labor


The quite still world. The leaves move. Being by being, walking hand in hand, at peace. The colors and sounds of their existence are there. Walking on the earth, feeling good about the world.

What more is there?

Our eyes are there to see.

Complexity, one million more beings are there, not seen, but there.

The quite still world. The leaves move. Being by being, walking hand in hand, at peace. The colors and sounds of their existence are there. Walking on the earth, feeling good about the world.

What more is there?

Somewhere between standing in the woods without a stitch and driving through the streets of an industrial habitat, I stand. Frowned on by some and admired by others. Where I stand is not important, to be seen by others is important to me. My ego demands some acknowledgment otherwise the soft wet sand that I am standing in will sink. I think that we all stand in the wet sand at some point in our lives. To see and to see them is important, never forgetting the paths that we have walked. Saying hello to the new found day and its passengers.

What more is there?

Our eyes are there to see, we all see injustice at the same time.

Somewhere between working for the love of god and slave labor I stand. History has brought us from slavery to a decent wage for a working being. History has always had the rulers and the working classes.

The rulers have always wanted slave labor to enhance their state of affairs. The poor worker has wanted a fair existence.

Big business and labor are divided as we speak. Big business is seeking less wages for the working class, while the working class is lost in the red tape of the lawyer speak.

“What can we do? We have to work? It will work out soon?

Reaganomics has taught our children the evils of the “Big Boss Labor Unions”. So when they go to work they rise because of skill and knowledge and the poor working class is left behind to labor for the right to have a job. “That's all I could get”?

So our world is divided into two classes “The haves and the have-nots”. Each country on this planet divides their haves and their have-nots. Some countries have labor standards, some do not. The rulers prefer no labor standards at all. The working class wishes for any standard. That standard that employers love seems to be close to what McDomains and WalSmart pay for labor. Their standard is the part time employee.

What do we do? Work for the love of god? Happy to be on this earth, working, a being amongst the beauty of lifes treasures. Or do we take up arms and demand Anarchy, plowing up the fields, bulldozing them like our lost cabins, with blood from our families and friends.

I stand somewhere in the middle, demanding a fare wage and loving the earth and its beings.

I stand somewhere between wanting to be paid for what I write or giving my work to god and our planet, writing for the good of mankind or writing for profit.

There is something beneficial in libraries and now our internet. A person can read about the struggles this world has had with the ruling classes.

What more is there?




The (39) hour week seems to fit just right with our rulers.

Part-time labor has no rights.

Part-time labor is too young or too old to complain.

Reaganomics, the end of the social heart.







No comments:

Post a Comment