Monday, February 28, 2011

Western Kentucky and San Gabriel Valley Terrain

There are no weather obstacles in Western Kentucky so our weather may come from anywhere. It is rare for the weather to come from the east where we are at but it has from time to time. At the moment our weather is coming from the northwest and that means colder weather. Last night we had thunderstorms with high winds. I have not checked outside this morning. I had everything tied together last fall and that prevented things from blowing away but I did lose a trash lid last month. Let me check. Everything was still here but I heard thunder as I was making a mug of coffee just a moment ago.
The light green shade is rolling hills (if you look closely at the map you can see the ripple of hills) and as we go east we climb very slowly toward the Appalachian Mountains.
I am also highlighting the San Gabriel Valley and a little history with that. So it is a little over a 164 years since Mexico lost the San Gabriel Valley.

No comments:

Post a Comment