Thursday, December 17, 2009

As I was watching the television this morning I saw where a NFL football player had died from injuries falling from a pickup truck.
This reminded me as to how lucky or unlucky I am. Sometime before moving in with Margie and my dad in Alhambra I had three accidents with vehicles.
1944 - 1949
The first one is that I caught a ride on an ice truck as it was moving down the street. As it moved away faster I jumped off and it was moving so fast that my head was moving faster than my feet hitting the ground that my mouth went to the pavement chipping my front tooth (1/4) and blooding my knees and mouth. My grandparents after everything healed put a silver cap on my broken tooth.
The second is that my grandparents had asked me to go to the store. The store was across a boulevard and I blindly stepped into the street right in front of an oncoming automobile. I do not remember anything but waking in a hospital bed.
The third is me coming home from grammar school I always cut though the gardens of the Huntington Hospital (a short cut) on my way home on my small bicycle. I was racing down a hill and into the street near our home when my front tire caught the back bumper of an automobile moving slowly down the street. The lady driving heard the rattling and stopped to see me hooked on to her back bumper. I had just knee and elbow scratches and soreness.
After 1949
After I arrived at Margie's and my dad's home on third street I got smashed in the mouth with a baseball bat splitting my tooth (vertically(from the root down)) next to the silver cap. It came out in two pieces. After this photo which shows my silver tooth. After this photo there was a blank spot adjacent to my silver tooth.
This photo shows the space the baseball bat left.

1 comment:

  1. You've sure had your share of accidents.
    I like all of your hidden Christmas music.

    ReplyDelete