Sunday, November 22, 2009

This Sunday morning is a mixture of old and new

Television is like a huge cartoon network. It is where your senses are bombarded with color and sound.
I remember back in 1950 at night on a TV set there would be test pattern usually in the shape of a full screen logo. It was used by TV repairmen to adjust horizontal settings, vertical settings, contrast, brightness and color on the tube.
What do these people want to tell you and where are they leading you.
I remember during the ice storm that there was no electricity and any thought from this brain would have to be penciled into a notebook.
It is early Sunday morning and my life has been very physical until these last few years. I remember moving rock as in a chain gang. The work makes my muscles sore.
Hard work drives out the time to ponder and to muse.
I learned that work is part of life and part of the ability to survive. Being paid to work is a bonus. Work has nothing to do with society; it is strictly a personal thing.
I grew up thinking that a human being had to work a nine to five job and that if you did not work for society you were a slacker. That thought is pushed into the minds of human beings in our society and creates a false sense of moral values of doers and slackers.
The world has learned to abuse the ability of work by creating slaves to do their work; causing me to think that work is part of the evil when in realty it is the man that controls the slave that is evil; not the work.
Where ever you find a group of men working as slaves you always see a few men that are content with their lives and you wonder why. I know why now.
Yes we must free man from slavery; not free man from work; pounding rock is not evil.
We should also free man from the propaganda implanted in the brain about work.

Today I am reminded of the complex beings that we are. We use our bodies to handle intense physical manipulations.
Our bodies handle dexterity with grace. The younger and stronger child with will and determination can climb a sheer wall.

In my life I have had a yearning to work very well and it showed.
I was not into vanity or dressing to fit in.
I was into work, what the body does to fulfill human desire, to achieve the light in the blue sky.
At that time I had no clue of any talents in my possession, other than a good work habit.
How could I know how to climb a creative ladder?
I thought what I created was meager, as I do now.
The difference is that I want the world to know that I exist.
The ego has stepped to the forefront.
The dazzling red cape is teasing the bull.
I am getting older and I want all the world to see the day.

What happens when you suppress the ability to work or you by physical inability stop working?
That energy has to go somewhere.
Now that I am old I do not have the physical ability to work. I cannot just watch TV or those patterns of color, my body has to move that energy from the body to the world with out abusing tired and old muscle. I can stretch and twist but at my age (worn out body) I either have to die or do something.

No comments:

Post a Comment