Thursday, December 18, 2008

unexpected fire (things happen bunches of three)

This morning we put up the Christmas Tree and I asked Motherkitty to get me an extension cord for the tree. While she was gone I cleaned our chandelier over our dinning room table and replaced the clear bulbs with colorful Christmas Lights.
When I turned on the switch one bulb exploded and the fixture caught on fire; I turned off the wall switch but the lights continued to burn for a moment. Finally the lights and small flame went out. I called Motherkitty asking her if she had our electricians number on her phone, she did not so I looked in the book and called his number and left a message. Motherkitty called his cell phone and talked to him. When Motherkitty and son came home I told them again what happened and I turned off the power to the wall switch. They asked me to turn on the power to test the switch and I said, "No!" but they persisted and I turned on the power and they said, "TURN IT OFF!".
The electrician said he would come by after work. Motherkitty decided to replace the burnt fixture with a ceiling fan and light.
Well the new light is up and repaired (the 1st of the three)-unexpected fire (things happen bunches of three).
Does anyone want to rewire a bronze and wood chandelier with hurricane globes?

2 comments:

  1. we don't know that 3 things are coming, doesn't always happen to me...if I were an electrician I'd take the old light fixture because I am sentimental about stuff like that...I really think you will enjoy the ceiling fan, though....It really will look different in there

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe this is your third and final event in this series. Remember the storms and the problems you had then with lightning strikes?

    You will like your ceiling fan, but it does cool down your food and blow the napkins off the table.*

    *Jimmy says there are usually three speeds to a fan and not to listen to me.

    ReplyDelete