Wednesday, July 9, 2014

A Constant and We Evolve

Good Morning,
The planet outside our home is a variety of weather, lightness and darkness, danger and no danger. But in our home in the United States that is protected by the Constitution created over 200 years ago there is a constant because we moved forward in how to protect each individual by law, by local health regulation, by great tried and true food regulation and a great army of solders protecting our borders. There is a constant.
We are being swarmed by children at the moment but they are only an inconvenience as far as war as an invasion is concerned. All we need to do is care for them.
  I have heard many voices in my lifetime and I have learned that many voices are right but using different words to say similar things about values and rights and wrongs. Most folks that open their mouths have something to say. If you listen carefully you will understand that they are right. Arguments start when they do not see you as being right.
Here is what I wrote about that:

Young men and women in the sixties had their own agendas. They were moving toward their known or unknown goals. I for one did not know where my life was headed. I assumed that everyone that I met was on the same path that I was on. I was wrong. My studies were always around religious philosophy that was the direction that I was heading. My assumption was that I thought everyone was studying the same way. I was wrong. I took no school course in philosophy that was my personal love. The Garden of Eden comes from my grandmother, her magazines with the lion and the lamb, people walking around naked in peace. Peace though nonviolence comes from Gandhi, be simple and good. Art as work, work as art, come from Michelangelo and his dedication to work for perfection though doing. Looking into all thought and images as a means to improve one’s life comes from Leonardo Da Vinci and Thomas Jefferson. Sharing ones wealth for the good of the commune comes from Tolstoy. Being the image of god comes from Jesus. Rules and laws come from Moses and his Jewish nation. Seeing the one light comes from Buddha. Respect for the elders in the family comes from Confucius. Love the one your with comes from Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young.
Being seen as a human and comforted comes from Sylvia and Joanie.
Open land comes from Lou and Ramon.
***
I stand in an aura of warmth

A variety of emotions
A cross culture of a human being
I placed Christmas lights on a tree
I placed the Star of David atop the tree
I sent out a Hanukah gift and Christmas Greetings
I am listening to Jamiroquai
My mornings start anew without any thought
Pure…..then the ego emerges
I open my eyes then the light
I am the variety of my being
No peg…. There is no peg hole
Spirituality?Zen?......Hebrew?........ Christian?..........Agnostic?
Nothing ……. Confucianism?...... Yin Yang?.......
As a child my body was dipped into all those words
My ego took the best for myself…..greedy child
The sun brightens our days and the earth turns away the light.
Cycles?
I do not have a clue but I did travel though San Francisco in the sixties
and I did see the Manchurian Candidate.
I stand in an aura of warmth
Oh halo

No comments:

Post a Comment