Tuesday, September 4, 2012

I can live peacefully in poverty (been there, done that).

Good Morning,
I feel good this morning even though my dreams say otherwise. It seems my dreams are filled with creditors asking money for just maintenance of our home. I guess that is why they say times are tough when you have to start giving up things that are a bit extravagant. Plus I am getting to the point where Cream of Wheat, Quaker Oats and all soft foods are a must for me. That is what I get for ignoring what my grandmother said, "Brush your teeth." (she said it in Spanish). Mom made ribs last night and I asked her for a hamburger.
I also did ignore everyone when they said to do your homework from school. I failed every class starting at the 8th grade. Only hard physical work has made an income for me. I worked very hard all my life even in the communes and now I do have a pension to live on and pass on to my wife. I am not eligible for social security that money went toward my pension. If I pass on my wife gets my pension plus her social security. I cannot collect her social security because that is double dipping and that is against the law for Federal Employees. My best bet is to somehow make extra money cleaning toilets at Walmart or give up the pool, cable TV, telephone, air conditioning, my web sites, fancy coffee and teas. I can live peacefully in poverty (been there, done that).
Two months ago we were watching Satellite TV, swimming in the pool and living off peanut butter and crackers. There are folks so poor in Africa that all they can afford to eat is whatever they can find and with excellent smart phone service.

No comments:

Post a Comment