Sunday, September 2, 2012

Good Morning,
It rained last night after we went to bed and I looked out this morning and everything looked OK. Rain did fill our water dishes and our pool last night so we know it did rain quite a bit.
I am thankful this morning that there was no danger or damage. We never know, we watch the weather channel and look at the RADAR on our computer to see where the storm is at. Our Satellite TV did go off when the heavy portion of the storm came through; I just looked at the RADAR and the same storm that was here last night is still here in our area. It is lingering over us as it did everywhere else it has gone and that is why there is so much water in the pool and cat dishes outside.
I will go over to FaceBook and see what everyone says about the rain and storm.
I tried to find out how much rain we had and could not, I guess I will have to get another rain gauge like I had before.  I did look at the amount of rain they had a Smithland Locks and Dam and it was 2 1/2 inches last night, I also looked at the Television Station in Paducah and they had 1 1/2 inches of rain last night.

The Hummingbirds are swarming over the feeders this morning like they were yesterday (4 at a time at 4 feeders).

1 comment:

  1. Even though on radar we are covered GREEN, we have had only cloud cover. We did get about ten minutes of heavy rain last night and are having some drizzle at times. The rest of Isaac lingers over us and its clouds will be here for another three days but all it has done is made our temps drop down to a favorable 70 something degrees.

    Want to say something about the question: Are we better off?
    Answer: NO, we are not better off today. We were doing well during the Clinton years and have gone down hill ever since.

    ReplyDelete