Saturday, July 21, 2012

We have cloudy skies ( kind of a nice mixture of heavy gray and mild pink) over our mildly rolling hills of western Kentucky.
I was outside our brick structure and noticed that the ants and the hummingbirds had come to an agreement and the hummingbirds had conceded my nectar feeder to the ants. I hate to spoil an agreement with the ants and the hummingbird but it was mom and I who had traded gold for the nectar; so I cleaned up the ants party and placed an offensive odor (Lysol) near the nectar.
Later today (about 0900) I will cut up the very ripe tomatoes and make tomato sauce for mom who is at
work. I may jump into the pool ( clean it) while the sauce is simmering. I may also cut down some weeds in the garden.
1030
I am cooking the tomato sauce and I also made a batch of Hummingbird Nectar; I just have to remember to stir the tomatoes and not the nectar with the tomato spoon.
We have had Goldfinches in our Sunflowers for the past week.

No comments:

Post a Comment