Thursday, June 14, 2012

The Walmart Mentality or just good business.

My wife went to work sick yesterday; she felt that they needed her and they gave her the same impression; she is a very good worker; well that time at work was a mistake on her part because today she is very sick.
I now realize that Walmart does not care; if they did they would not have asked her to take off work and take some sick leave with pay.
While I worked for the Federal Government at the Lock and Dam they supplied us with sick leave so that we could take off work when we were sick.
I can assume and I sure I am correct that if mom cannot go in because of her health she can be replaced easily because her labor is cheap.
A lead man (mate) on a towboat (riverboat) told me, “He did not care if somebody got hurt on the job because he pushed them hard.”  He said, “The boat is the most important object and that if someone got hurt he could go down to skid row and get another body.” And that mentality is good business. 
I personally think she should tell them to get f (!@#$)  and come home and work with me.
Mom is going to the doctor because she is really sick this morning; she may end up with pneumonia.
I grew up with my grandmother (Rebecca's mom) and she had a warm and forgiving heart; my aunt Lucy (Dad's sister) was the same and would give you the shirt off her back even if she was cold. My daughter Allison is the same way.
I feel good this morning, mentally I am fine.
I may get a long PVC pipe for my garden today.


"One of the many beliefs of Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., Respect For The Individual, has been central to our success. One way Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. shows respect for the individual is through the many benefits offered to Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. associates."

The folks in Bentonville, Arkansas got to get their (!@#$/act together and help all the grandmas pay the rent and give them some sick leave when they are not feeling well.


Click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment