Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Things you should know before leaving home.

1.Back in 1958 when I was in NAVAL Boot Camp in San Diego, California. Our Company Commander came up to me and said, "Your sick! Report to sick bay!" I reported to sick bay and they said that I had bronchitis and could not finish boot camp until it was cleared up. They gave me shots in my rear and laid me over a bed so that my hips were on the bed but my shoulders and head were hanging over into a paper sack in a trash can. I coughed and spit up gobs of goo from my lungs. I did this daily until it cleared up and the doctors felt I was fine. I was released from sick bay a week after my arrival and placed in another company after another week.
I did my tour of duty in the military and was released before the date of my 21st birthday ( kiddie cruise, go in before you are 18 and get out the day before you turn 21). I went home to La Puente but could not handle the smog because it burned my eyes so I went to San Jose where I had a friend who I had met in the Navy.
California air today is much cleaner than when I grew up in the San Gabriel Valley at the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains (1941-1958).
2. That you are a human being on the planet earth and anarchy is the wild law of the land.
3. That laws (10 commandments, Do not drive under the influence, etc.) are created so that we do not kill or endanger another human being.
4. Work is social and for the benefit of humanity and not necessarily normal to work more than an hour; work should only benefit society as a whole.
5. Buying insurance is gambling.
6. Bowing to idols is normal behavior for folks that have seen the sun.
7. Realizing that some folks prey on others.
8. That we have enslaved all animals and our surroundings.
9. That it OK to love at any age but that social law prevents us.

No comments:

Post a Comment