Friday, April 20, 2012

Our Yard is Organic

Good Morning I am up early this morning. I spent some time (not a lot ) just some particular time yesterday planting some flowers for mom in a tire. It turned out well and now I have to move some rock again; I will do that last as moving rock seems to end my day. I will work on my brush pile and make more mulch.
***
I saw a field in Atlanta Georgia on television that was just dust. It reminded me terribly of the dust storms of Oklahoma in the 1920's. The farmer had no clue that his field was so close to being a disaster. He was saying that without rain he would have no crops. What I saw on television was soil without substance (sticks, straw. hay, cornstalks, worms, bugs, leaves, manure, decayed matter). Being dependent on chemicals to grow crops is asking for trouble.
***
Before coming to this web page (blog) I was trying to download a photo of composted soil, organic soil and I was having a terrible time as my computer was trying to update itself (Windows  Update). It was the wrong time of the day to do that as I also say a few words on my blog at this hour of the morning or do some website work (maintanence).

No comments:

Post a Comment