Friday, April 27, 2012

After Midnight,
After work Mom got me 12 tomato plants ( 4 Roma, 8 Better Boy) and 4 pepper plants to go into the garden.  Today I will get some composted cow manure and organic compost to put in the tomato holes beneath the plants. I will ring the tomato plants with newspaper collars to keep the cutworms away. The organic matter will supplement the soil and encourage worms to make the garden spot a better home (it is a new garden just a year old).
0730
It now a good morning; I feel sore from tilling the garden yesterday. It s nothing serious just good work sore. Today I will run to town and get some cow manure and organic compost (I have some but it is under the pool in the old garden and more around our Hackberry tree stump (that compost is just waiting for the stump to rot and then I will have a flower garden spot for a later date)).
I filled up the bird feeders last night and today I will clean out the hummingbird feeders and give them fresh nectar.

No comments:

Post a Comment