Monday, March 19, 2012

The 70 year old mule has pulled his last load.


Mom thinks that because my body has fallen apart and I just sit and write that my life is just going to decay.

Mom thinks that I should lift that heavy load that hurts every time I do; I have done that so much that my back does not have the strength to endure that anymore and that weakness is going to kill me. I do not have that kind of strength anymore. The 70 year old mule has pulled his last load. Just let me write and do websites. I do chores around the house but my days of lifting heavy water soaked tarps and 30lb sacks of sand, crawling under sinks and shoveling rocks are over.
Mom's ego will kill her if she thinks she can do those things. Her mind says she can.
I am not going to decay and die by not doing stupid things to a worn out body; I can do what I can.
I am not that man that retires and dies; I have found function and desire to live that does no harm to a worn out body.

1 comment:

  1. Jimmy has also decided that he's not going to be that person who crawls under the house to repair leaks or even under the sink, for that matter. For him it's a matter of calling the plumber and getting in some riding time, rather than laying on his back working on water pipes.

    ReplyDelete