Sunday, January 8, 2012

Spanish Missions in Mexico

Good morning,
Mom was up when I got up and she went back to bed. It is still dark outside and the temperature is around 40 degrees.
I am tuning up mom's notebook with the HP automatic tuneup. It "defragments" the drive and looks for programs that make the computer sluggish.
I may do that to this computer sometime after this month.
I have been riding the bike 3 times a day for 10 minutes each time to get my body used to the leg exorcises. I may also bowl on the Wii a bit more. My limit for standing in one place or walking is about a half hour before the back starts sending signals to the brain that my leg is burning. I have to lose some weight to limit the pressure on my back and that will let me stay up longer and walk farther.
I feel good this morning and mentally I am sound.
Mom wants to see, " The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" (2011 film) sometime next month.
***
I started reading, "California Missions" a book my daughter gave me for Christmas. I have family that are Indian who's heritage dates back to the establishment of San Gabriel Mission. My Grandfather is part of the renewal of San Gabriel Mission with his knowledge of adobe building. My heritage dates back to the President of Mexico. California is a part of Mexico. Only political boundaries separate the society of California and Mexico. My sister Sandra is buried at the San Gabriel Mission as well as my Grand Father Pablo and his Wife Natalia.

I nor my father's family ever believed there was a border between California and Mexico.

Origin of the name California

No comments:

Post a Comment