Friday, February 25, 2011

Precious: A Movie (A life I never saw.)

In my brain there is a covering of every square inch of a task and not worrying if the task is completed. Early on I was free to roam the realm of the space where I lived, then it was the task of understanding every square inch of a job and the perfection of doing it right. All this was placed in a society that did not do what I was told to do. Society went it's own way and destroyed the planet when it suited it's needs. Where was I to go? I was lost as I cleaned my room (every square inch). I was placing my nickle in penance (an act of self-abasement, mortification, or devotion performed to show sorrow or repentance for sin), what was wrong.
So today I say my little prayer that is mine.
Like a good boy I repeat it to remind my being as to who I am. Here we go.
"Today is the start of the new day. As the words say above we have awakened from our slumber to a new time in history. Every moment that we see is new, every moment we see another human being and we give thanks that we see them. They are unique and one of a kind. Today is the day that we do not get caught up in the beauty pageant around us and the commercial propaganda that knows our secret to success. Today is ours.
Another day has arrived.
I am aware of another day.
From a deep sleep I awaken.
The baggage that I bring to this mind is full of treasure and trash.
There is no pain nagging this mind.
What needs to be tended to is attended to or mended.
I look around and see what needs to be attended to in this abode.
I look out the window and see daylight and the light shines on the earth awakening the colors of day.
There (I have pointed my mind and my eyes follow) is the television with it’s images and sounds.
A story unfolds…
click…. Propaganda….. click…opinion….click….a story unfolds. Here I type reminding me that there is beauty to see.
I see
This morning the cat is regal.
The rain and the warmth have made our lawn roll with lush green Easter grass.
Without choice the day is splendid.
***

I am constantly looking for a rush of words that will bring my emotions to a
heightened state of euphoria.
So I read a book, go out and view the early morning,
scan the Internet.
I am chasing a dream.
I am constantly finding that peace, that state of being, that euphoria. Every morning I awake,
every morning I search.
Sometimes there is a moment where I just see like a child lost in a dream, "Tomas did you hear me?"
The teacher comes by and says, "Tomas did you hear the question?"
Someone please tap my shoulder.
Awaken me from this moment of peace. Nothing would be done if we all found that moment of peace. No wars could be fought if we all found that moment of peace. Some of us can carry that moment throughout the day.
An aura of bliss carried on our shoulders like a comforting knapsack.
We can dig the weeds, assemble the work, draw the painting, and write the word.
All we need is the awakening moment, the reminder,
the warm chill that emanates deep in our being to come forward like the blood that flows to our brain. We are constantly showing others our moment hoping that they will see it. Share it be part of it. It is a good vibration;
a warm movement of blood;
a good state of mind;
it is peace."

No comments:

Post a Comment