Thursday, September 9, 2010

I was thinking about the aches and pains of age and how they compliment the day because they do bring reminders of past memory to the fore front. I know I am not supposed to lift but I lift anyway. I am allowed to screw up my own back from time to time because I always have to try and sometimes say, "Oh shit, I did it this time!?" I seem to heal over time and sometimes life brings of ripple in my back that does the same results as lifting too much. I just have to keep on living and being myself and enjoying what I can enjoy while I can. Walking too much does not help me, bicycling seem to help as do weight machines. Lifting off the floor does not help and anything over 25lbs needs some help.
In the past month the back of my knee is tight every morning as if I need some stretching to limber me up but I am limber it is the nerves in my back that trick the body into saying that hurts when in reality that part is not hurt. When my back heals the pain goes away. Nerve damage does some strange tricks to the body and do cause pain in places where there is no pain. It is like the phantom pain in a leg where there is no leg.

1 comment:

  1. I moved Jimmy's bike out of my way yesterday and felt a twinge in my back although it didn't start hurting until I moved about this morning. I felt the first twinges of something when I lifted his bike off the kick stand. Some things are better left for those who are accustomed to moving and lifting them around and not for those who are not used to moving that much weight around.
    Be careful with your back. Love you.

    ReplyDelete