Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Job Situation as I see it.

The first is the Employment form that does not get seen or does not get sent. The employment officer just sits because there are no jobs.
The next scene is the foreman going down the city street and sees a group of men and by just looking at them he realizes that he has an opportunity so he stops and asks, "Who is ready for work? I need four men this morning!"
I saw in the window at McDonald's a senior who was worried as to what happens to him after he graduates from high school (He has a job at McDonald's). There are no jobs for him there is only college if his parents pay or he gets a scholarship. After he graduates from college there are no jobs for him unless he becomes a professional soldier, entertainer or athlete.
People would not cross any border if there were no jobs. But what I hear is that there are no jobs. Someone is lying. Would you say that? Is it a high school graduate, college graduate, unemployed father, mother? Who is working?
Mom one of the most intelligent human beings I know is working at Wal Mart.
She asked me to go back to work. What can I do? Greet folks, clean toilets?

3 comments:

  1. I don't think the Mexicans are crossing the border for jobs anymore because there aren't any, but they are crossing the border because there is the hope of becoming a legal citizen by amnesty would be my guess.
    Around here where I live the illegal aliens are taking over in the construction industry because they are cheap labor. You can hire 7 Mexicans to lay block and pay them less than you can hire 2 U.S. citizen block layers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why is it against the law to hire 7 Mexican workers? The Mexican workers name their own price for doing the job and anyone with a right mind will chose the better price. The work the Mexicans do is just as good but done for a cheaper amount.

    ReplyDelete