Friday, August 27, 2010


It is 59 degrees at my front door this morning and the skies are crisp and baby blue. The hummingbirds are extremely active. I think they are storing up on their upcoming trip south next month.
It is quiet and peaceful in Western Kentucky. I hear some machine running but I do not know where it is? Ah I think it is our pool pump. Mom just fired up the local FM radio while she readies for work.
I sometimes wonder if I am normal or controversial. I write my congressman monthly and I write a letter to the editor once a year. I think of my self as moderate because I am willing to listen to both sides and encourage them to listen to the sounds surrounding their being. Which is a little more spiritual than political. My opinions are based on history and its influence on my body and mind.
I grew up Catholic but my mind was widened when I read about what happened to the Jews in World War II, what Gandhi did in India, what injustices were happening to the blacks and what was yelled at me on occasions. My mind took off with the words omnidirectional and infinite in my catechism book in parochial school. It showed me a god that was spread from his being as in the sun rays. This led me to positive and negative numbers where we as human beings could count in one direction forever. These thoughts were constants and soon my ten year old mind expanded and tried to grasp it all. At that point in my mind philosophy was where it was at but I also wanted to be a priest to spread peace and to right injustice.
All during high school and into my time in the service I fell in love with Michelangelo and the Renaissance artists I looked and read every book available about them. None of it stuck but the love of art was a constant.


1 comment:

  1. Good Morning Dennis. I learn more and more about you every day and I love ya more everyday. Hope that your back is feeling better today.

    ReplyDelete