Saturday, June 26, 2010

It is cloudy out side but it seems pleasant to the sight of my eye. I hear a ticking of an a clock and the running of a fan. I take those movements for granted. The ticking mechanism is a simple battery operated clock someone created from the idea of a wind up clock being very small with a motor to turn one gear. It is not very precise and has to be corrected every few days. The fan motor is simply placed in front of cold coils and it turns on when the thermostat drops below 77 degrees.
Everything above but the idea that is cloudy is created by human beings on the planet earth. They were created by hand and machine before I was born. There are places on the planet where ideas create something new. At first it was the chipping of stone or the carving of wood that placed ideas together today we are so far away from how things are.
Someone said the other day that world communication is a fact. I can talk to anywhere on the planet because the technology is there in the palm of their hands with a smart phone. All they need is a hand crank charger or a large battery to charge it. Society has placed towers on land every where and satellites in the sky everywhere.
It is peaceful in Western Kentucky.

1 comment:

  1. Remember the GPS device I bought for Jimmy? We don't need it as long as I have my smart phone with me because the other day we were out and we were given an unknown address in Lexington. So I asked my smart phone to lead us from "where we were" to the "address." It did so flawlessly by satellite.

    Another thing I just found out, by trying something I saw advertised on TV, is that I can speak to my phone and ask it to find the nearest ice cream shop, or to give me the weather in Seligman, Arizona or in your city and it does. It's much better than having to type it in. Today I'm going to ask it go to Tomas Stories n Links and see what happends.

    ReplyDelete