Friday, June 25, 2010

0745
I went out right after mom left for work and painted sealer on the railing. I moved pretty fast in the cool morning and after this break I should be about done with the railing.
The deck is a different matter all together. Because I splattered the sealer last year I have a job and a half removing the leopard spots off the deck. Nothing but paint remover has done anything at all and paint remover just took off the top layer. I think just hard work and a scraper will do the job but hard work is not in these old bones for any time longer that 15 minutes.
1040
In just the short time I was in the deck railing heated a little too hot to put the sealer on. I need to move our umbrella over the railing to cool it with shade which works well in this heat. Under the umbrella to sealer applies well enough to do the job correctly.

3 comments:

  1. dad, i have never noticed spots on your deck...it has always looked fine to me...don't get too hot out there

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen spots on your deck either. I think you are trying to keep your deck tooooo perfect and should just relax and enjoy it more.
    Like Ali said....don't get too hot out there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, actually, it's polka-dotted from the old application of sealer that he tried to apply several years ago. It was too hot when he put it on and all it did was spot up. It looks terrible (to us at least). We've tried several things and this year, at a suggestion of a friend, we are going to try a steamer to see if it will take it down to bare wood. If so, he can then apply the waterproof sealer and it will look just like the railings (which look great BTW).

    ReplyDelete