Saturday, January 2, 2010

Good Morning

12 degrees with a dusting of snow on the ground. Snow is still falling but you have to look close. Football and basketball are on my agenda. Mom asked me why the colorful lights are off and I said, "I pulled the plug." That question said to me why pull the plug? Winters are hard on the mind and colorful lights are a way of giving color to the mind.
My back is better thanks to the doctor and my daughter. The doctor prescribed a muscles relaxant and my daughter did some heavy duty chores while here during the holidays relieving me of the heavy lifting.
I am taking the lights off the Christmas/Solstice tree. The ornaments are in their container ready for our next winter solstice with our traditional meetings and songs.

Chances Are (1957)
Johnny Mathis

Elvis Presley I Want You, I Need You, I Love You

2 comments:

  1. Two of my favorite songs from the first time I ever heard them.
    You have a lovely daughter with a good heart and I'm glad that your back is feeling better. Jimmy's back is still giving him some problems but nobody can find the cause just yet.
    Give Motherkitty a great big hug from us and we're glad that she is back to work and that her back is some better. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I could help dad, love you

    ReplyDelete