Wednesday, December 23, 2009

44 degrees this morning in Marion Kentucky. It is dark out and we have another day of awareness. We know that time moved forward as we speak - well what do we know about time other than it is gone, I am in it in the present and we can think about tomorrow. Just because our clock is supposed to tick and move in precise segments we can say that it works.
So OK we have measured the day as it pertains to our involvement with the sun.
As the winter chills the bones we must be aware of the dangers we put ourselves in so we warm our bodies with heat and protect ourselves with barriers of wood and brick which makes us comfortable. Winter always reminds me of a small igloo, a warm fire and a blanket of fur. I do not have to go out in windy chilly winds and kill seals so that we may eat. I pay for my heat and I have paid for a furnace to warm my days and I also go to the market to stock my shelves with food.
Being cooped up in winter does a thing with the mind. So I have a defence against that and it is the solstice and all the wrapping of Christmas and the New Year which includes all my electronic toys. The most powerful is the TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment