Thursday, October 29, 2009

Clouds

A couple of days ago the kitten jumped on my laptop and it locked up and when I rebooted it no hard drive showed up. The computer last month said that my hard drive was going away pretty soon but I gave it no thought and continued using my laptop.
This is the first post on my blog since replacing my hard drive. I took about five minutes to replace the drive and 24 hours to get my stuff back on the computer. I did lose a couple of important files but I had some backup in the Misty Mountains.
I really do not have all my website pages back on this computer but that takes a little while downloading my websites from the server.
Most of my files were on our Network on Motherkitty's computer.
My old hard drive was a 80GB hard drive and this new one is 500GB. Which is pretty nice.

2 comments:

  1. Poor you and your computers. You don't have very good luck with pc's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No one has any luck with PC's. They are built cheap to sell.
    We paid $4000.00 for our second PC. It was a Zenith and it was state of the art.
    We paid $2500.00 for Motherkitty's gaming machine and it is a good one.
    My laptop and my desktop are cheap PC's. In the $600.00 - $1200.00 range.

    ReplyDelete