Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Wal-Mart is the institution that best symbolizes America today.
Before I was in the 2nd grade I do not ever remember entering any department store. The first department stores was the Levi store in Alhambra, CA., a small department store for an complete Easter outfit and new shoes all in Alhambra (1950's). Next came the four story Sears Store somewhere in LA.
I lived in Pasadena before this time and I remember the downtown stores but I do not ever remember entering one. I remember salesmen always coming to our home to sell salves and notions. I remember a Sears catalog in our home.

1 comment:

  1. I remember you and mom taking us to Sears before Christmas. I remember the year you got us the winnie the pooh bears. I remember always having Sears catalogs in our house

    ReplyDelete