Sunday, July 26, 2009

etched into a manuscript

I saw a movie/documentary/animation about what happened to the dinosaurs. The movie speculated that the earth was hit by a huge comet (65 million years ago) which plowed into the earth and cased a tsunami, chaos and death to all creatures above ground. The creatures that survived were the burrowing mammals and insects that live deep below ground.
Where this fits in with Christian Creationism and it's start 10,000 years ago is a puzzle and paradox.
I believe in evolution and god - words woven together with history and religion.
If I am correct then Christian Creationism started long before the earth was created (4.54 billion years ago) and evolution is evolution.

Points of view.

I have seen a different religious point of view from just about every person that I have ever met.
Just about every point of view speaks of peace and good behavior toward their fellow man with a few exceptions.
How can I possibly tell each person that their view is wrong when in their heart their view is correct?
If I listened to their view point, I or we would come to an understanding that their view is correct and realize that we were saying the same thing only using different nouns and verbs to explain the same things.
If their view is correct and my point of view is correct then that tells me that we are all right in our views about life and that I have failed to understand their viewpoint in the past.
So I must see each person as being alive with a viewpoint that is correct and to the point.
If that is correct then I must see each of us as being an image of god and understand their point of view as the same as mine.
This space that I occupy is very grand and I believe that each one of us occupies the same grand place.
This implies that all matter as being in the image of god.

"Matter: Something that occupies space and can be perceived by one or more senses;
a physical body, a physical substance, or the universe as a whole."

So must I worship the ground that each one of us occupies?
I guess if you wear standing in front of me I would have too?
Whatever I like the idea that each one of us is correct in our points of view.

Bushes and branches and his cohorts seem to interrupt my logic.
War seems to interrupt my logic.

Some how the above letter does not make sense. When I wrote it it made good sense in my mind.
Perhaps some day I will understand what I meant.

1 comment:

  1. If a person, in their heart, thinks that molesting small children is right and good and moral and beneficial for them, should we say that they are right too? some people really do think that way, and I think it is impossible to say that we are all right in our thinking....

    ReplyDelete