Sunday, March 29, 2009

Earth Day

Ever since we had our ice storm in February I have been keeping everything off except for the heat, two computers (I leave Motherkitty's computer alone), refrigerator, freezer and one light bulb (fluorescent). I do use the dishwasher and the clothes washer. But they are off until needed. When I walk into a room I leave the lights off unless I am going to need light for a project or it is too dark to see.
Just about every light we have is fluorescent.
We were in bed asleep when the time arrived to turn off everything.

1 comment:

  1. How you are operating now after your Feb. ice storm is how we have always lived...nothing on unless it is being used. My main computer's power is even off until I use it. Last summer we only turned our A/C on while we were away on a trip and that was only for Suzanne's comfort while caring for our pets. When you get used to not having the A/C on, and all the windows open it makes no difference and you get used to it.

    ReplyDelete