Friday, February 20, 2009

Who Takes Care of Me?

I live in a society where my needs are taken care with a tax I pay.
There is water up in a tower over the community I live in and I pay a fare tax to the city and county to put water up there.
I live in a state that is twenty years behind other states in this union of states but we still have just about every road in the area paved with asphalt.
There is a grid of electricity everywhere in the state.

I am dependent on our government to keep me in comfort.

I walked on trails when I was young in the mountains overlooking Pasadena but I have never walked across those mountains like the pioneers. I have never dragged myself into Las Vegas and pulled up water from a neighbors well and thanked god that someone had found water in that oasis.
I did travel across the United States on foot but I traveled next to roads and rails. Water was available in stops along the way. I never gave it a thought how water got to that service station, faucet or drinking fountain.
No one denied me a drink of water.

I am dependent on our government to keep me in comfort.

1 comment:

  1. good thoughts dad....a lot to think about
    nowadays people wouldn't dream of hitch hiking any where...the paradigm has shifted

    ReplyDelete