Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The doctor said that I have shingles on my back and near/at my ribs (that is why my ribs feel broken). My medication was about $10.00 a pill. Take 3 a day for 10 days. My insurance paid most of the cost. I paid $3.00 a pill which is pretty expensive.
I looked up shingles and this link explains it.
***
Last night when I got up to take my medicine I looked for the kitten and I was concerned (I could not find the kitten). I looked all over the house and I finally gave up and went back to bed. I asked Motherkitty if she knew where the kitten was last night and she said that the kitten slept with her the whole night.

5 comments:

  1. Poor baby, I've heard that they are painful.

    Have you had the vaccine? I read about one in your link to Shingles and didn't know there was one.

    I guess that means no more visits with the grandchildren until your blisters are gone.

    Jimmy has never had Chicken Pox so if I ever get Shingles he'll have to stay clear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A scarey thing just happened when I hit "post comment"....All of your posts disappeared and the page turned black with only your sidebar, heading and profile picture remaining. I thought I had wiped out your blog and, was I ever glad to see it appear again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is not as bad as the chicken pox we all had. My welts are not blisters. It does not itch like poison ivy or chiggers. It is a nervous system pain so it is deep. I thought it was much more serious because of the pain in my ribs. It is a relief to know that stress initiated the welts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey dad I am really sorry you are not well right now. I hope that medicine works and it clears up right away. I was bummed because I was really hoping to come by and surprise you guys....guess we will have to wait

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a real pain in the .... right side (front and back lower rib).

    ReplyDelete