Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Just what did Obama say yesterday? I heard what I wanted to hear. The folks in powerful places did not like what he said. Our military loved what he said. The terrorist in powerful places did not like what he said. Those of us that loved to divide our country could not find the place in his thoughts as to where to divide our country.
Our founding fathers had a thought as to where our nation stood and defined it on paper. Time has fuzzied the lines because of a lot of changes like outlawing slavery, giving women equal thought and vote and giving those that fight wars a vote. We had at that time no political parties. We divided our government into three branches of government.

LEGISLATIVE - LEGISLATIVE - JUDICIAL.

Note that Democrats, Federalists, Whigs, Republicans, Lobbyists and Unions were not part of the 3 branches. They may be included into the preamble as, "We the people".

3 comments:

  1. Remember???? He's a Uniter not a Divider. I think I would have liked his speech, if I had heard it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty good question dad. We watched the whole thing. I heard other people say that, words like that, he was pretty hard on everybody. I didn't really hear that. Then again, I had 2 little girls and one busy little guy helping me listen. Maybe I missed something. I was glad we watched it though.

    ReplyDelete