Saturday, January 17, 2009

Gil has a birthday coming up and it will certainly be overshadowed by the coronation of Barack Obama.
0700 This the 2nd morning in a row where we have had pink, blue and gray skies in the morning. I think the red sky in the morning thought does not apply as I assumed it would.
Motherkitty is working more eight hour days so she has more money to spend as she pleases. She enjoys meeting people at work even though she does not like the standing part of her job. That is something that my body can not endure at all, I can stand and walk maybe 40 minutes before I am done. The long walks across the dam on rocks, 11 flights of stairs and slick ice have pretty well done me in; I can ride a bike forever with little problem so my stamina and heart are strong.
This photo was taken about the time I took my physical as to complete my application for a government job at the lock and dams on the Ohio River. When I took my physical the doctor took my pulse and it was 40 beats per minute at rest; he had me do sits and jog for a few minutes; took my pulse then let me rest for a minute then he took my pulse again and again it was just 40 beats per minute. I was cool and calm just a few months off the commune.

3 comments:

  1. Those are really beautiful children standing with you.

    I don't recall that I've ever spent any time watching an inauguration as it took place. I was always at work and then when I retired I still didn't watch it. Too much hullabaloo for me. Nothing different will be said that hasn't been said before in some fashion. The news will tell me if some great sentence comes out of Obama's mouth that we should take notice of and remember.

    The school children will all be watching the inauguration. They are looking forward to it because there will be no regularly scheduled classes for that day...just TV watching all day long. My grandson remarked that it will be a very historic day in history and I asked him why and he said because he's black. It's all about skin color and racism still and not that all men are created equal and that we should not look at skin color but the content of their character.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's a great pic, dad
    are you saying you want a bike for your birthday? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a bike and I just need to bring it in or clean out the garage and make it useful to use as a gym.

    ReplyDelete