Thursday, November 16, 2023

 My Son decided to come and visit us this year. "Do you have a place for us?" He asked. "Yes, we do!" was our answer. 

So we decided to clean up Allison's room for him. We had an account in town, so we decided to lay some carpet in that room. I moved all the furniture out of the room; took up the old carpet and took it to the dump. I looked at the old padding, and it had blended into the subfloor, they were both flat and smooth.  I went to the local store and found some padding and a carpet remnant that would fit two rooms. I placed the padding down and Kevin, Allison and I laid the carpet over the padding. I went looking in town for a carpet stretcher and found nothing, so I made a carpet stretcher.


The photo is what we did ; the computer is the only thing that stayed.

 Now I have repeated what I did to that room, and I am working on the next room. I am down to the bare floor and I must lay some TAC- strip around the room, measure the room and place the padding and carpet down.



No comments:

Post a Comment