Tuesday, October 10, 2023

A Little Pain

 

Some pain came back to me this morning. I had bought a net to cover the bed of my Red Pickup. I was putting it on last night and it got dark. I was looking for a part and it was dark. So, I decided to finish the project in the morning. The next morning, I waited until the sun provided some light. It was a little chilly and I dressed in Jeans, a shirt and blue sweatshirt with a zipper in the front, I cleaned the mud off my shoes in the garage, then came in and polished my shoes. I do that every morning, sometimes I must glue the seems back together with ShoeGoo, then I wear another pair of work shoes. When I was ready, I went out to my truck. The school teens were driving their vehicles down our road to school. We live 200 hundred yards from the school. I went out to the truck and inventoried the net parts and looked at what would work for me and what I did the night before was inappropriate. I started over and it was a little chilly. I had worn gloves when I went out, but I could not manipulate the fine black net stretch cords. When I finished the project, I banged my hand against the truck bet and the pain came to the forefront. I knew what it was it was early stages of frostbite. A pain very familiar to me since I had worked a dam #50 during the ice storm and freezing river. I came into the house and went to the kitchen sink and filled an ice cream bucket with warm water, leaning toward hot. I placed both hands into the water and stood there for 5 minutes warming the water as needed. After 5 minutes my hands were back to a normal feeling.

I worked on a database for a half hour then went out and chipped my large stack of wood with my woodchipper.

I still have my books still at Amazon to sell. I also have my art work for sale at Fine Art America.




My artwork on a women's tank-top. 


No comments:

Post a Comment