Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Door Stuck Open

Early Morning,
We went to bed early; we did some Christmas shopping in Paducah, KY. But our day started our very strange. I will go back a week or so.
We noticed on occasion our doors on the red truck would lag a little when trying to open them. Well yesterday mom was getting ready to go to the hospital to do some volunteer work (never mind that we are just getting by from day to day).
Anyway, I went out to warm up the truck as it was windy and cold outside; The doors were locked on the truck and I got out my keys to open the door and the door would not open. I tried and tried, and the door would not open; I went and got the remote fob that most of us have with our keys and I tried, and the doors would not open. I pushed the fob button with the key turned in the door and the door opened. I had the door open and cleaned all I could see with some silicone spray. I tried to lock the door to see what the problem was? Well the door locked while it was open, and the door would not shut because it was locked. Well I tried the key in the door with the button on the fob pressed down and it would not open the door. I came in the house and told Mom what was happening with the door. She called the hospital and told them about the truck. She also called the dealer about maybe calling a locksmith. They said to bring it in and we will look at it. I thought for a bit and said maybe by 10 AM I may have it open and I will bring it in.
I tried and tried and then mom said that when it warned up the other day it worked; she said to try the hair dryer?  I got and extension cord and the hair dryer and I blew in all the holes with heated air and it worked. I thought to myself (moisture and freezing weather). I told mom to call the dealer and that we are headed that way after a shower.
The dealer inspected the doors and found the mechanism fouled with heavy gunk and goo; he cleaned it out and now it works fine.


No comments:

Post a Comment