Sunday, November 22, 2015

Kindergarten

Good Morning,
I remember going to Kindergarten in Pasadena, California (I assume that I was 5 years old) and I know that the photo taken with Margie and Dad was my first year or maybe my first month with them.
The day the photo was taken was when Margie and Dad were Married.
So I spent maybe 8 years of my life in Pasadena.
I remember going to school in Pasadena in the snow, by noon it was all gone; at recess we got to throw snowballs. I looked that up and this is what I came up with:
Pasadena, California, January 11, 1949, when 6" fell on Lake Avenue.
This Link talks about the school I went to at the time I lived in Pasadena but I do not recognize the photo but she describes the name of the school I went to and the location. 

Very early Pasadena, I lived off Fair Oaks Avenue and Bellefontaine Street, Pasadena, CA 

I always took my shortcut through the Huntington Memorial Hospital on my way home from school.I was on my small bicycle going at a high rate of speed, with my hair flying and pumping my pedals like crazy. Coming out the back downhill driveway of the hospital at full speed, I swept out into the street into the back bumper of a passing car. My front tire hooked onto the car's back bumper. The driver drove down the street for some time before she realized that she had company. I was lucky. I was just skinned up on that trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment