Saturday, September 6, 2014

Eyes, Ears, Nose and Throat

Good Morning,
We went yesterday for a hearing test to see if we needed hearing aids? Well we do and they are ordered. Being a retired civil servant one of our benefits is free hearing aids as part of our health care package. Anyway they are ordered and we are just waiting for a call to have them installed. Mine are gray and mom's are brown.
I am working on postcards this morning for NARFE.  I have done 200 of them and I have 200 more to go then the post cards get mailed in bulk. Nine different packages to nine chapters in Western and Central Kentucky.
If you ever have a chance to be a civil servant do so. They pay union scale you get retirement benefits and you get excellent health benefits. When we arrived in Western Kentucky in 1968 my wife was pregnant and when I joined the Corps I was wondering if my wife's hospital bills would be paid for because she was pregnant before I joined the corps. As it turned out all we had to pay for was the booties she got for walking in the room. Everything else was paid for.

No comments:

Post a Comment