Saturday, January 19, 2013

Good Morning.
Work and how we govern.
When I was young (20-40) I cleared snow very easily with a snow shovel. I was good enough and reliable enough to help my neighbor clear his walk of snow. We were good enough at it that those that were governed asked us to do a weeks worth of shoveling with 500 other young men and they would pay us for our service. I shoveled snow for my neighbors and those that were governed for 35 years. I got to old to shovel so that those that we governed paid my bills because I had worked reliably and very well for 35 years.
One day a young executive came along and said we the governed cannot pay those folks that shoveled snow for 35 years because we have other things to pay for and it is a waist of money we do not have.
If I remember correctly during the time that I shoveled snow every one that was governed paid the price to have their walks shoveled.
Times have changed and folks do not shovel snow anymore and the government decided not to collect any money for snow shoveling (tax break). Every one was extremely happy that they did not have to pay anyone to shovel snow elsewhere (it was someone else s problem not theirs).

No comments:

Post a Comment