Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Do We All Hear Racial Slurs?

Do We All Hear Racial Slurs as I did. Tell us when was the first time you heard one and was it toward you?
I first heard my first racial slur while riding my bike to the 8th grade in Temple City, California. Someone yelled at me and said, "Why don't you go back from where you came from you dirty Mexican!" I had grown up in Pasadena California and had never heard anything like this. It was a bitter blast to my brain and really hurt me inside. I never saw who yelled at me as I kept on riding my bike to school.
Latter on, on another day a year or two later while visiting a friend with my brother I heard our friends father say that, "Those Niggers ought to go back to Africa!" referring to the early rock and roll singers of 1956-57. That surprised me as I knew our friends dad as a very nice man.

No comments:

Post a Comment