Friday, July 27, 2012

Organic Tomatoes

Good morning,
It rained last night just before dark after that 104 degree heat in the afternoon. That rain cooled the planet here at our home in these rolling hills.
I have always said that our high temperatures and our high humidity, "Spells the finest tomatoes in the country!" The beautiful tomatoes I brought in yesterday only boosts my claim. Organic Tomatoes is what they are and they are fine.
We planted Roma and Better Boy tomatoes this year. With Volunteer Beefsteak Tomatoes making a good showing with 3 strong plants.
Weeds took over our pepper plants but mom saved about 10 packets (or more) of cut up peppers for later use. I do not like cooked green beans so I eat fresh beans. I planted the wrong kind this year and they were a little too tough for me though mom ate all she could handle as she loves cooked  green beans.
0715
I just shocked the pool. I will go in , in about an hour from now since it is cooler today at the moment ( it is 74 degrees outside).
I have to feed our cat "Dolly" outside food inside since she will go off to unknown parts of the planet when she goes out. The outside food lets her move where she wants. If I leave the food outside then stray cats (cats that little boys forget to feed and volunteer "Toms" of all makes skunks, possums and raccoons find their way to our feeders (we cannot afford feeding the neighborhood deer (garden))).
 The deer used to lay in the shady spot under the Elephant Ears shown above. 
Can you see the matted grass where the deer and fawn lay.
When they got up they would eat fresh tomatoes and tomato plants and fresh Kentucky Wonder Pole Beans from my garden a few feet away. Our Neighbors have 3 plum, 1 pear and 2 apple trees for their desert just a 100 feet away.

0930
I just got out of the pool ( I cleaned the pool) and I pick a 2 1/2 gal bucket load of tomatoes for mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment