Sunday, March 4, 2012

Sunday morning, Mom has gone to work and it is cloudy out. Rain tonight but no threat or alarms. It is quiet and I have been doing experimenting with, " O-CEL-O" sponges and our humidifiers. Our other filters (that came with the humidifier) do not last and I want to see how long theses sponges will last.
I am also washing my clothes and our dishes. The dishwasher does not clean because they took the phosphates out of the dish soap so I am experimenting with dish cycles. One steam cycle for loosening debris and rinsing and one steam cycle to clean, rinse and dry.
Mom wants me to get the garden ready for crops plus I have to make the garden bigger (double the size). Last year it worked fine for tomatoes. This year it will be tomatoes and beans, lettuce and spinach. Last year I mulched heavy to promote heavy yields of worms (it was a very new garden spot because of the fence). There are worms there because I do not use chemicals in the garden but I had never mulched that area I had just mowed it. I always create my own mulch every year but it is never enough so when you can you have to bring in matter to a garden spot that is mostly clay like ours. So where the vegetables plants will be I will dig deep and place mulch in the bottom of those holes but also mulch above them too. I will also incorporate organic soil and mulch as I always do but this year I may have more money to buy organic manure since we are losing one big bill.
Deer loved this spot because it was cool and surrounded by tall cover.
They (7 deer) checked it out yesterday.

This is the garden spot (photo above) that I started over because the pool took my original spot (photo below). I could not fence this area (photo above)  because there was too much water flows at it's edge to add fence poles; so I had to start my new garden on this side of the wheelbarrow and come toward toward the photographer 30 feet X 15 feet.
The old garden spot.
 The deer garden spot in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment