Monday, February 13, 2012

We could not talk out, fly out, drive out or walk out of the ice storm of 2009 Jan.- Feb.

If I wait a few minutes I will be able to see just how cloudy it is outside; as cold as it is and the moisture I sensed I would assume that snow is in our forecast. My coffee maker gave me a half cup of coffee this morning, so I tried again with a different mug and now I have a mug and a 1/4 of coffee after mixing the two together. In that process I stepped outdoors to feed the cats and it was cold (20 degrees) but not as windy as it has been. Punky (or Stinky (prone to fart a lot in his youth )) and George were out there this morning. I think we may have had a large predator out there because the cats out there were hiding and our indoor cats when they went out were extremely cautious and one cat was extremely afraid to be out there. I got the feeling that our outdoor cats feel comfortable now.
It is quiet and peaceful here in our home and now I see a very pink and blue sky out there. Mom is off today and sleeping in. She just walked in and wants to go get some groceries and move her van to the street, she senses snow this afternoon.
In the winter I always carry gloves and a coat that covers my head and a cell phone for those awfully treacherous walks for help. In northern climates I would stay put and now in this elderly stage I should stay put. We do not have a winter brokedown nest in our van. I know we should but we do not. We survived the ice a few years back as did the whole of Western Kentucky. It was three days before word got out that Western Kentucky was isolated. We could not talk out, fly out, drive out or walk out of the ice storm of 2009 Jan.- Feb.
During the ice  I wrote by hand and I did not post the days on this computer; they are on a tablet. I wrote a little every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment