Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Natural Rubber

I am up in the middle of the night. I spent the day yesterday visiting with daughter and the kids, cleaning my truck and clearing brush. Mom mowed after work; she loves mowing. Today I pick up grass clipping.

0700
Yesterday or the day before I cut a rubber inner tube into a strap for my goggles and a strap for the children's flippers. So this morning I will go to a website that explains the rubber industry and it's history.
As a child I learned to cut rubber inner tubes to make sling shots and we used old truck tire inner tubes as a pool ring or rings for ocean surfing. I learned to clean and repair the holes in inner tubes.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Dennis! I hope that you're still enjoying having the family all around you on this day of your birth. Love you and Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete