Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Good morning. Today is Tuesday on my Calendar. The sun is shining through partly cloudy skies and it is peaceful in Western Kentucky.

I can assume that Kentucky is mostly wilderness. When I grew up in California in the 1940's and 1950's we were already a great society in the area I lived.
Here is Western Kentucky where I live it has never been anything close to that great society. It was called that but there have never been wall to wall homes or wall to wall industry here. The only industry to make a dent in our communities is the chemical industry on the farmland. I guess I can assume that farming became a big industry here until the price of machinery made it impossible to farm for profit.
Here where I live I have banned chemical from my garden and yard and it has been that way since moving into this area I live in (1975). My home is full of societies tools and this computer is only one of a thousand tools in this home.
The farms are going to seed or being farmed out to industry (nomad farmers).

No comments:

Post a Comment