Monday, March 28, 2011

SearchMyDiscs:CD/DVD Database

After spring like weather last week we are now back down in the 30's. I was tempted to put my tomatoes out on the deck as well as my Aloe plants in the garage out on the deck. It is a good thing I waited, I would have lost them all. Putting tomatoes in the ground to early does nothing for the tomatoes as they just sit and wait for warm soil temperatures. I had a heater in the garage that kept the garage near the Aloe plants above freezing and they thrived out there. They all look comfortable and healthy. A word of warning they sunburn easily so keep them in partial shade for a while outside. They do better indoors.
Ask and you shall receive.
Mom and I went to the show and saw, The Lincoln Lawyer (2011) with Matthew McConaughey who as always has a nice presence on screen. This is not a love story but a murder mystery. It was good and comfortable to watch. The new projector system at the theater was as close as some HD screens we see at video TV displays. That was pleasant surprise as I was wondering how long the theaters were going to lag behind today's technology.
I bought a external DVD-RW/CD-RW LightScribe Mobile Slim Line Drive. It is USB powered and is a bit slow but it is reliable. My DVD/CD drive on my laptop was dying and needed to be replaced. The good thing about it is that it can travel to mom's desk top and back up her computer with DVD disks.
I have a disk cataloger on my desktop in my daughters room; it reads all my photos and data disks and tells me where and what disk my data is stored on by the volume number which I placed with ink on the outside of the disk. It is worth the cost.

1 comment:

  1. I bought that CD/DVD external drive that Adrian recommended and I was able to load my games into my little netbook. And then I put it away until needed again. It was very inexpensive.

    ReplyDelete