Thursday, February 3, 2011

15 degrees and we have no snow on the ground. It is still dark outside and I do have heat in our home because the heater is keeping our temperature at least 71 degrees. That is comfortable. I know of folks that still huddle under blankets to keep warm to keep the cost of life down. Our poor in Kentucky use wood stoves to keep warm. Their water is down deep and only pulled to the surface so it does not freeze but it must be heated in a kettle/large container on the wood stove. The Amish use a generator to pump up their water in their homes here in our county.

I feel rather well today and I send out a good feeling to those of you that have rather harsh mornings.
Although my morning seem the same because of circumstance and environment I do not forget that I awoke on the planet earth in a new time. Our planet is occupying a new space as it spins around the sun. The path may be well worn but the time is rather new for the planet also. This is the first time that photo of a horse and buggy parked so close to our home.
It is time for a cup of coffee.

1 comment:

  1. Good Morning. It's cold here too this morning. Stay warm and keep blogging. Love you,

    ReplyDelete