Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Train of thought

Can you imagine where their thoughts are going?

They are pointed in a particular direction.
That is my senator out in front leading the way (No! He is not a Shepherd!)

***



E-mail about hatcapacity

one part truth, one part fiction
An e-mail about hats in my life
Do people always remember hats with fondness. I do.

I go back first to my beanies, the one with the propeller on top they were the rage at one time.
The other beanie had folded back edges, looking like they were cut with pinking shears, this beanie was adorned with pins and buttons.

Next was the brown Fedora, the hat my mothers dad put aside, not wanting to throw it away.
I asked if I could have it, he said yes, imagine the raiders with their lost arcs.

The blue ball cap that was worn backwards or to the side, our gang style, with no logos, just a button on top.

The black Spanish hat my aunt had. A flat stiff brim. It's beads hanging around the rim. I wore it, though it was hers. The castanets went with it, she rolled the castanets like a Spaniard would roll his rrrs. I danced for her, standing proud like a matador, stomping my feet to the music "MalagueƱa" on the record player, ole!

The Cowboy hat, you rode the broom stick, like a wild stallion. Your shiny silver pistol in the air.

The Coonskin cap with it's tail hanging to the side, the lice came with it.

The Indian head dress, received as a Christmas present. This still may be found at the dollar store today.

The English driving cap, plaid with buckle and snap on the bill.

The white sailors cap, rolled with salt, down to the eyes and cocked.

The blue bandanna keeping the salt out of your eyes, Red Ryder and Geronimo, sometimes with feather.

The Sombrero given to Laurel and I in Chicago from Judy and, it hung on the wall. When it finally fell or was dragged down, the cats sharpened their claws on it, what a waist.

The blue Fedora given in peace to us from Laurel's dad Jack. It fell to our closet floor, unknown to us. Our male cat at the time, marked it as his own, gee thanks.

My welders cap I wore in Alhambra.

The white hard hat, something to protect from the hard steel headache ball swinging on the river. It still gave me headaches.

The baseball caps of the South, logos everywhere, the uniform of the day in the south..

Straw Panama hats keeping the sun at bay.

***********************
Hello,
Well I've done it again! Laurel just informed me that the E-mail message I sent was in error.
Laurel said that the message that we received was about "Brain Capacity" not "Hat Size". I said something about just scanning through the E-mail that day.
She said "Do you remember when you had your back surgery?"
I said "Yes".
She went on to explain to me about my brain capacity, and then what the neurologist said to her after my brain cat scan.
It seemed to the neurologist, that I had a rare brain structure called the "jerrold forrd" syndrome. It seems that a few people in the world are born with this brain syndrome. Living normal lives, sometimes missing a step or two, but normal lives. Laurel went on to say that I had four lobes in my brain instead of two. The doctor said most of the forrd brains had three lobes, but that he would get back to her on that one. She went on to say that my brain used 95 percent of it's capacity, which was very very good, but that it worked a little different than most brains. Most people have a train of thought, where as the train carries a great amount of thought to and fro, with a great many trains of thoughts moving though their brains at one time. Well in your brain ( she was talking to me), it seems that you have a trolley of thought. She went on the explain that one trolley of thought went down the hill and one trolley of thought went up the hill. And that even though I had as many as fifty trolleys moving at one time, a trolley was not a train.
She said you'll have to write all those people and explain about the hats.
Anyway that is how I got started talking about my favorite hats.
Sorry for the mix-up.

1 comment:

  1. I love the mixup....it's YOU and you don't have to explain.

    I'm not a hat person, but I did have one cowboy/cowgirl hat that I loved as a child. And there is the motorcycle helmet which is a sort of hat that I wear sometimes.

    I loved reading about your hats, and your four lobes make you twice as smart as anyone with two lobes. And I bet that's why our family (Diaz, Shattler's) consider you the family historian. We are always saying, "Ask Dennis, he could tell us...he remembers everything."

    ReplyDelete