Wednesday, October 6, 2010

1776

Someone said they wanted our United States Constitution to be as it was in 1778. At that time there was no Federal United States Highway System and no paved road in front of your home.
There was no Food and Drug Administration to protect you from being poisoned. A person born in 1776 could expect to live 35 years on average.
Child labor? There were no laws or thoughts on child labor, everyone worked in 1776.
The only folks covered or thought about in the United States Constitution were white male heads of households. Women, Blacks and Children had there place in society.

1 comment:

  1. Boooo... I like paved highways.
    But I do like that children worked and that there weren't any laws prohibiting child labor. There are too many laws so that children who want to work cannot. I had that problem when I was young and went out looking for a job. There were laws in place that said I couldn't work because of my age.

    ReplyDelete